What is the Difference Between a BB Cream & a CC Cream?
Walking through the makeup aisle in a store or browsing makeup products online can be a pretty daunting task. As an askderm product specialist, one of the most common makeup questions we get it is, what is the real difference between a BB and CC cream? Let’s get straight to the facts.
What is a BB cream?
A BB (a.k.a. beauty balm) cream is a tinted moisturizer that does much more than act as a foundation. It also provides your skin with much needed benefits such as anti-aging effects, sun protection, and hydration for dry skin. But my favorite part is the coverage that a BB cream provides. I tend to have small breakouts every now and then that I want to cover up. With a BB cream, I can apply it to my face to give me full-coverage without the heavy foundation feeling.
The key benefits to using a BB cream are:
- It’s a lighter, tinted foundation
- Great for all skin types
- Includes SPF to help fight the sun’s harmful rays
Some BB creams I suggest using are:
- VICHY Laboratories ProEVEN Mineral BB Cream
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur
- Rodial BB Venom Skin Tint
- Brandt Signature BB Cream With Flexitone
- LifeCell BB Cream Hydrating Anti-Oxidant Beauty Balm SPF 30
What is a CC cream?
A CC (a.k.a. color correcting) cream works to restore your skin’s natural tone, especially for those who suffer from redness or any other color related issues. Not only is it an effective moisturizer, it also has a higher SPF for all you beach goers. And we all know that with added sun protection also comes anti-aging properties. A CC cream has a thicker consistency than a BB cream, which allows it to treat wrinkles and fine line
The key benefits to using a CC cream are:
- It works to even the skins tone and correct complexion
- Has powerful anti-aging properties
- Keeps your skin hydrated while treating
Some CC creams I suggest using are:
- Nip and Fab CC Cream SPF
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- La Bella Donna CC Cream
- Phytomer CC Crème – Skin Perfecting Cream
- Brandt CC Glow with Signature Ruby Crystal
What should you use?
If you’re looking for a light, tinted moisturizer to act as a foundation, than a BB cream is right for you. But, if your looking for a moisturizer to either correct color related issues or to help fight aging, add a CC cream to your daily skincare routine. Whether you decide to get a BB or CC cream, you will be treating your skin like never before. Give yourself a noticeably flawless look that everyone will stop and stare at.