EltaMD – AskDerm’s Featured Brand in June!
- Overcast days are not much safer than those that are sunny, as 70-80% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays can get through the clouds.
- The sun is about 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow.
- The sun’s rays increase in intensity about 4% for every 1,000-foot rise in altitude.
- It’s better to play or engage in sports before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. If that’s not possible, try to avoid being out at high noon.
- The sun weakens the immune system, reducing your defense against infection.
- In general, kids can get all the vitamin D they need for strong bones from fortified milk, salmon, vitamin supplements and/or brief, casual sun exposure.
About EltaMD’s Skin Care Products:
- An all over moisturizer applied daily will help keep skin moist, but you might consider a rich, emollient moisturizer like EltaMD Moisturizer in the winter months to help combat the affects of cold, dry air. EltaMD Moisturizer seals moisture into the surface (preventing the moisture from evaporating). It is safe for even the most sensitive skin, fragrance-free, preservative-free and noncomedogenic.
- The best time to moisturize is after a shower and before bed, because studies show that more transepidermal water loss occurs overnight than during the day. If you like your morning shower but your skin is dry, then moisturize again before you hit the sheets.
MOISTURIZE with an oil-based moisturizer or lotion with a petrolatum base for maximum moisture retention and no sensitivity issues.
PROTECT with a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects the skin from exposure to both UVA and UVB rays.
Take advantage of our current 20% off coupon code for all EltaMD’s products: ELTAMD20
Also, for EVERY order from AskDerm.com you can receive a Free Sample: Elta MD – Five Sample Pack! You must add this to your cart at checkout and offer valid while supplies last.